The physical spaces that make up the Incarnate Word Heritage Center include, among others, the Chapel of the Incarnate Word, the exhibit, “A Life for God and a Heart for Others,” the Convent Cemetery, the Brackenridge/Sweet House, and the “Blue Hole,” the headwaters of the San Antonio River.
The exhibit is 2,300 square feet, presented through the stories of the hundreds of Incarnate Word Sisters and the lay collaborators who have served side-by-side in our ministries of healthcare, education, and social and pastoral services.
The exhibit is meant to inspire and embolden the visitor to consider their own call to serve.
of the Incarnate Word
The Chapel of the Incarnate Word was built in 1907. A place of prayer and celebration, the Chapel stands both as the symbolic center of the life of the Congregation, and of our presence in the community.
Mass is celebrated every 2nd Sunday at 10:30 am and on other liturgical feast days. All are welcome!
The Congregational Archives is maintained to collect, organize, preserve, and provide access to records pertaining to the origin, history, spirit, charism, and continued growth of the Congregation and its ministries.
Containing documents and artifacts dating from our origins in 1869 to the present, it provides evidence of our living history in the present and for future generations.